giovedì 2 aprile 2009

You bastard.

Journalism, you have taken away all my creative writing, mainly poetic, abilities.

I haven't had a single dawning of poetic, creative impulse for months and it feels so strange. I'm like this...robotic deliverer of information. I think it's because I haven't been reading for a long time. I also think it's because since I've been so wrapped up in school, I've been void of any deep emotions.

I find that really interesting because this semester has an emotional train wreck, but in a way I've never experienced before. It's a train wreck that I cry over for an hour and then realize I need to shut the hell up and get my shit done--stop thinking things over and just keeping working.

Normally, anything that comes over me is long, thoughtful, and causes me to dwell and analyze. I can't decide which one is better because both have good and bad things. On the one hand, I'm moving forward, but on the other hand, I'm a bit void and severely lacking in the what makes me draw and write. And I don't know whether I've changed or my experiences have changed.

I want my drawing and poetic drive back.

On another note, spring break next week is going to be so lame and uneventful. I'm going to be at work and in the MAC lab at school 24/7. Hot damn, I can't wait for summer.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento