martedì 13 ottobre 2009

No one to receive.

I was released from my imprisonment
Eighteen years sentence of rattling the gates and gnawing at cold metal
Chiding the guards to let me out

Candy bar for the keys in your pocket fat sir?

Efforts didn't last long. I settled
made friends with my surroundings
They always left. Got out early.

Bailed out, just doing probation now.

They never shared their secrets
All the visits they paid me shoved betrayal scented shit down my throat
I disguised my gagging face--well.

These four walls are telling me more than you. I want to know how

I went to sleep with thoughts confining
Drowned in a buzz of distraction, distractions bought my freedom
the undefined term was up and my undefined being was out
The dialogue stops because I have no one to talk to
The subject is tired and I'm on the outside
I'm on the outside walking with the dust settled on the empty homeland
Nothing keeping me in here, no escape to work for, no stressful endurance to muster up
No feelings here, only a single dimensional straight walk filled with tasks to complete
To keep me distracted from the desire for an invigoration of sorts
What about turning? Left, right--back.
Back is better than the barren outside.
But I'm on the outside walking with the dust settled on the empty homeland.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento