lunedì 1 febbraio 2010

Heart compartments.

You never stop feeling things for people.

People are your best friends. Your love interests. Your first potential falling in love person.

But even when the heartbreak crashes in, even when the betrayals stab deep, you feel things, the same things, for them.

Even when time rolls on by and the awkwardness fades and you reach the friendly conversation again that you know will never go past that or you haven't spoken to them in 10 years, you still feel things.

The things you feel for the many people who have come in and walked out are as good as new even when you wish they were old, tattered, torn, and sitting at the bottom of the land fill.

2 commenti:

  1. feelings are part of being human. you can't bury them beneath a pile of mundane rubble and then claim to function. it's not wrong to remember, but how you remember. it's not that you still carry those emotions for a person you used to know, but what you do with them that makes the difference in their life and yours.

    i'm sure you'll deal with it. people are remarkably resilient.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Oh I'm not troubled. I've dealt. All this stuff is in the past. Definitely still with me of course but you know. And I've done...a shit ton...with all of it since. Short stories. New major. Drawings. You name it.

    But I was just observing. And I think we always carry the same emotions for people we used to know, so we disagree there. It's not as potent and hard hitting but it's there and it's the same. I know this because just by looking at an old friend's facebook page or sharing an old inside joke once more, I'm there, same feelings as if it's the first time around. I guess what's interesting is that the feelings are always there and the same, but your point of view just changes.

    And yes I'm remarkably resilient - all the time ;)

    RispondiElimina