domenica 1 febbraio 2009

Products of the weekend.

So all in all, I didn't get out of the house much this weekend even though twin was home. Oh vell.
BUT, I made quite a few cool things.

I reworked old stuff...SUCCESSFULLY!

I made a waist belt out of an old denim mini skirt that was much too whorish and A&F for my taste.

Then I took an old Beatles t-shirt and turned it into an asymmetrical tee (hacked off one sleeve).

Then I took another old t-shirt that has this awesome elephant print but the cut of the shirt was always just too tight and annoying. I don't think I ever wore it. SO i turned it into a strapless piece to layer over tanks and other tees.

THEN i took these J-crew slacks my sister gave me. I'm not one for wide legged slacks. I always love how they look but for some reason never like them on me. But I loved the fit of them too much to just toss them, so I turned them into REALLY cute sailor shorts. I even used a neat colored thread and stitch to give it a little bit of accent decor. I've been wanting shorts that cut to mid thigh rather than the super short stuff everyone has these days but all i could ever find was the super short ones or the bermuda cut ones--nothing in between. So I said, LET'S MAKE THEM! I really like them. Haha

So now that I have a hang of this sewing thing by practicing on reworking these pieces, I think I'm ready to start making things from scratch. My mom bought me a bunch of really cool skirt and dress patterns to work with. I'm so excited. I have SO many ideas. Oh AND, I'm going to daringly try to re-create a version of the sectional leggings Queen Michelle always wears on Kingdom of Style. I have a pair of awesome black tights that i can't really wear as much anymore because they have a whole that bothers me. So, I think I'm going to use those as a base and use scrap fabric I have to stitch on in sections. I mean, sewing on nylon is fucking difficult and risky, but I say it's worth it. I want leggings like that! They're "bloody" fantastic. (sometimes I wish I was British just so I could say bloody all the time. It's just too cool)

Hahah, oh and btw, i took before and after pictures, and picture of the pieces i have so far used in various outfits. I'll post them soon. Not tonight though, I'm lazy. (as you can see, I'm very motivated and influenced and inspired by Kingdom of Style, because that's what her blog is...haha. it's bloody fun...ok last time...i promise.)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento