mercoledì 24 giugno 2009

So many things.

My mind is overwhelmed and oh so excited.

1. Photography submission

Just sketched up my idea for what I'm going to submit as part of my portfolio for a call for photographers for Surface magazine. Meeting with my model/one of my best friends today to discuss ideas and style design including outfits, hair and make-up, and set design. Even if I don't win this contest, this is going to be a great thing to have in my portfolio regardless. BUT I really hope they find interest in my submission.

2. The Panther re-design

Planning meetings with my editor to start working on the re-design of The Panther newspaper. I need to make a list of various ideas floating around in my head before I forget them all. Then, of course I have to create a style guide which will be long and tedious but really awesome all at the same time.

3. Going into ultimate money saving/money making mode

I need to start saving money for grad school (see #4), an iMac for my home because I can't stand spending more than 4 hours in the graphic design lab, and of course my tattoo. Those are listed from highest priority to least. No more shopping. No more fancy restaurants every other day. And sadly...significantly less concert going. :(

4. Grad school planning

So I know it's a bit early but these days, everyone is so ahead of the game that I feel that I really need to be looking a year or two in the future. It's possible I might take a year or two off after college to establish myself at a job, build a professional portfolio and make REAL money to put towards grad school.

So far, I'm REALLY liking the looks of SCAD's (Savannah College of Art and Design - Atlanta) graduate programs. I'm still a little indecisive on what I really want to focus in on.

The degrees that interest me at this point...

MFA in Fashion
MFA in Luxury and Fashion Management
MFA in Graphic Design
MFA in Commercial Photography

And maybe even...

MFA in Animation
MFA in Interior Design

Now the only problem is me moving out there. I love Georgia. I love the city. But my mother could also become a begrudging depressed recluse if her third and final daughter leaves her all alone in California. And she's too stubborn to move to a city that has two (this would be including me) of her daughters, one of her good friends, and her two grandchildren. Go fucking figure.

She has more family there than she does in California and she hates all her friends here anyway. My mother is crazy. I love her, but she's crazy.

In addition to all that, she would never let me live on my own. Which is understandable, but she doesn't get that my sister would probably be living down the street from me. I'd even probably live with her until I got to know decent people to room with.

But can I deny my number one graduate school choice at this point?

I'm not interested in the UCLA program. The Art Institute isn't that great. FIDM is a piece of crap for the most part. I don't want to go to Chapman for 6 years straight, and I want to try something NEW!

I haven't looked into Cal Arts yet or any of the Pomona colleges. I don't know....we'll see what happens.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento