venerdì 25 settembre 2009

Papa bear. Baby bear.

My father is being checked into the hospital as I type these words and I'm sure you're wondering, "Why the fuck aren't you there you terrible terrible daughter?"

Well atleast that's what I'm wondering.

I was told not to come.

I don't understand why the baby of the family (who is no longer a baby my friends) has to be protected from all the badness and all the sadness.

Yet, when it comes time to really BE THERE, like taking my mother to have her surgery and radiation treatments and changing her bandaids, after we find out that everything should be okay--sure that's when I come in. Their intention is to protect but all they do is isolate me--whether it's away from the bad news or dealing with the aftermath.

Oof. I'm tired.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento