giovedì 1 gennaio 2009

Escaping negativity.

I feel like I'm one of a very few positive people in this world.
I really do see things a half cup full and I really do have more faith in people than most give themselves.

I said that the other day and I got yet another negative answer.

"If you have faith in people, they're just going to let you down."

Well even if that is true, I give people the chance to let me down. I can't look at someone and not have faith in them to be good before they even have the chance to do or say anything. Humans can't be good unless others give them the opportunity to be just that. It's not fair. Everyone just assumes the worst in people these days.

Yeah sure, human beings have shown to be pretty fucked up. But it only seems like the whole world is like that because so much negativity focuses on more negativity. Why can't we take a moment to think of all the good hearts in this world instead of assuming everyone is selfish and evil in nature?

I understand the world isn't perfect. I'm realistic. I'm just not pessimistic. There's a difference.

I think the biggest issue in why things are so fucked up is because human beings aren't looking at other human beings for what they are worth. They aren't having faith in them at all. We see each other as worthless evil only waiting for the moment to screw each other over and fuck everything up.

That's part of why shit like this massacre in Gaza is happening.

And my belief to have more faith in people is why I'll never give up and let pessimism take hold.
I see the worth and goodness in my friends and that's why I never give up on them.
I give people the benefit of the doubt even when they are complete assholes.

I just always think, "There's gotta be a reason why they're like this...a reason that can change if someone gives them a smile for a change."

I just have to remind myself to stay positive. I really don't want to become like the rest of the world and lose faith in the human race.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento