lunedì 24 agosto 2009

Going going.

back back, to Cali Cali.

TODAY!

I've been in the dirty south for approximately three weeks now, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have been here so long that I have developed an entirely new and comfortable routine. (I'm a woman of routine with occasional spontaneity.) However, I really really miss my old routine. I miss reading in my bed at night. I miss commuting in my car. I miss my car. I miss having ALL my clothes. I miss being annoyed by my sister. I miss making corny jokes with my daddy. I miss having to go to work and school (which will get old soon, I realize, but nevertheless...). I miss old town orange and the movie theater across from my work where I miss catching the occasional solitary movie going experience after a day's work.

I can't wait to get back to see my dad who is in poor health. I can't wait to have a girl's night with the sister (which means renting some cheeesy sci fi movie and watching it in the room downstairs). I can't wait to CLEAN OUT MY CLOSET and ORGANIZE MY ROOM. I have not been able to channel my bouts of OCD so my untouched room is waiting for me. I can't wait for my Panther newspaper meetings to start. I can't wait to show all the editors how art direction is going to take place this semester. I can't wait to start looking through all the textbooks that emptied a good chunk of my savings.

Ahhh, California--home--how I've missed thee.

But oh my, Georgia, how I will miss you. My niece and nephew. My sister. (I have two) Conversations on the deck while listening to the night time buzz of insects and frogs in the forest around us. The sporadic summer storms of unbelievably gorgeous lightning, thunder, and sheets of rain. My sister's amazing black and sage tea (PERFECTION). The aforementioned good looking fellow. Outings in the city, passing by my possible future graduate school.

Like I said, it's strange having your heart in two places.

But for now, I'm ready to return to my humble abode.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento