venerdì 15 gennaio 2010

Tastes different.

I don't know what it is but my tastes are changing. Could be temporary but I think it's interesting.

I'm losing my obsession for some of my most favorite indulgences: chocolate, coffee, and all things creamy and greasy.

They are being replaced by: fine honeys, aged and really strong cheese (which used to make me want to barf), mustard (also had the barfing factor), and tea.

And last night I ate a salmon salad...salad...AS A MEAL. I used to think eating salad was a waste of time and a bit like eating crunchy air. But I enjoyed every delicious bite.

I've always worn my hair really short, choppy and a bit on the edgy side and now it's growing longer and flowy on me and I can't wait to have long luscious locks - with curls to boot!

AND GET THIS. I exercise out of pure enjoyment!! Not that half assed i-really-need-to-get-off-my-ass deal where I can't wait to stop and go snuggle up in my bed.

My...taste - so to speak...in people has also been a bit different. I have always surrounded myself with satirical, sardonic, and humorously cynical people. I found it funny, entertaining, and in a way cathartic. The people who are all laughs and quite detached, not exactly expressive of their thoughts or emotions. And I find myself falling away or feeling bored by such environments these days. Actually, people like that have come to really stress me out and bother me.

And I'm drawn to newer things in my life that are simply....well - happy. It's being silly and laughing hysterically at things that really aren't funny in the grand scheme of things but due to the nature of how happy we are around each other, it's fucking hilarious. It's full honesty. Fully genuine. It's comfortable and happy rather than comfortable as a routine or formality. It's optimistic and nice where everyone is really thoughtful of each other and all things feel healthy, fresh, and relaxed.

And it isn't as though it's been a conscious effort to "turn my life around" - a "new year and a new you." No. My tastes in things never bothered me from before. I never consciously thought to myself, "These are bad habits and I need to change." Those previous things always made me just as happy as these new things do now.

It kinda just...happened. Without consciously thinking about it. Sometimes our preferences just change on us.

And I think when these sorts of things happen people try to pull the deep thoughts chord and analyze the hell out of Why am I changing? I say all these things are just interesting turns and twists that happen as we grow up and up and up.

I think I quite like it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento